Today I wanted to share a journal entry I recently made about intentionality, my summer goals, and screen time. My journal entries are basically blog posts (except more personal haha) and I try to make them something I would want to read again later. This doesn’t mean I try to make them perfect and they usually end up being really long lists hehe. Without further ado, my completely unedited and unfiltered (and rather long) journal entry. Let me know if this is something you’d like to see again in the future and I may share more!
Today I wanted to sit down and journal about my summer goals + how I want to be intentional this summer and screen time! It’s a lot but I think it all fits together.
My ultimate goal is: to be intentional with living out my purpose and to be loving and kind. To pursue my dreams, put God first in my life, act how I say I believe, be confident yet humble in Christ. For His love to abound through me and for me to grow in grace (philippians 1:9–11). And to have lots of fun and laughs along the way surrounded by those I love.
I wanted to separate this journal entry into sections, so:
- My ultimate goal
- What I can do to further that goal (specific goals/bucket list)
- How i can be intentional this summer and what I mean by that
- How technology/screens fits into that
Working towards that goal: specific goals + bucket list
- Work on my spanish
- Earn $100 ($64 more to go)
- Have a random acts of kindness day
- Read 5 books
- Memorize the book of philippians
- Watch when calls the heart
- Get together with friends 🙂
- Wake up early and watch the sun rise
- Practice cooking
- Go camping
- Have a spa day with friends
- Bake something yummy
- Finish couch to 5k
- Find a sport/work hard/get good at it
- Blog twice a week and create content you’re proud of
- Sleepover with cousins
- Go night swimming
- Go to a movie
- Have a beach day
- Have a campfire
- No phone for a day
- Make homemade pizza
- Have a shopping day
- Bike ride
- All nighter hehe
Ways to be intentional this summer
- Put down your phone!
Make a list of things to do when you get bored instead of refreshing instagram
Write down goals, feelings, and experiences.
Don’t just read/study, actually learn and apply! Seek to live out your devos and make them an important part of your day
- Be positive and don’t get down!! Be patient and hold your tongue
- Be healthy/glow up!!
workout/eat healthy(ier)/drink more water/skincare
This is something I have been thinking a lot about lately and really want to be intentional with my screen time. Some ways i have thought of to get off my phone/be intentional:
- Have a rest day: my ultimate goal is for sundays to be zero screen usage. There is nothing you are missing out on AT ALL!! I may just power off for the whole day, we will see.
- Checklist before screens: my current checklist (may change) – morning routine, clean room, earn $2, pick up bathroom, start laundry, devotions, physical activity/workout, read a book, be helpful/encouraging
- Be intentional about what you do: even after you complete your checklist, be intentional! Goal: two hours per day at the most (this includes social media and blogging)
- When calls the heart (I’ve only watched a bit and don’t have netflix, but I may get it just for this!) or bringing up bates
- Having a goal/purpose before you turn it on
- Checking social media sometimes
- Reading an ebook
Iffy things (put it down and do something else, come back later if you really want to)
- Checking social media all. The. time.
- Scrolling for no reason/with no purpose
- Being on screens past 10:30 (go to bed, girl!)
I hope you enjoyed this little peek into my journal! If you’d like to read more of this type of post, let me know and I may make it a series 💛
do you have summer goals or a bucket list? any thoughts about intentionality and screen time? do you keep a journal? is it basically just lists like mine? #typeA