hey guys! hope you’re having a great wednesday 💛 today I’m sharing an award I’ve gotten a couple times recently! please do it and send me a link in the comments! Continue reading “award/tag compilation”
My Goals for this Summer
Just warning you: my list of goals for this summer is… pretty long. And I doubt I’ll finish half of them. But that’s okay! I’ve never actually done summer goals before *fp* but I wanted to try them out this year.
- Complete “A Trip to Spain” summer reader for Spanish – My Spanish teacher gave us this… workbook? reader? for the summer and I want to do it. It’s got little stories in Spanish that you have to translate and then questions 🙂
- Deep clean/reorganize room – I already posted about this (shared room inspiration board) but I actually need to do it now.
- Make a study/school plan for 2019-2020 school year – Let’s face it – I never actually use these. But I want to make one just the same… enough said.
- Practice piano daily – I want to improve my skills (and maybe start violin?) this summer!
- Workout 3 times a week – My original goal was daily… but that’s SO hard for me, so I decided to make it easier.
- Make ten blog posts every month – Eeep this is going to be hard but it’s summer so I have time right? (shakes head)
- Prepare six blog posts for backup – I like to have several posts already written ready to post if necessary, plus if I go on vacation or something it’s a lot easier.
- Find babysitting opportunities/babysit twice – Right now I only babysit for my family, but I want to start doing it for other people (probably from our church/family members)
- Earn $50 – It might not be much, but I don’t want to push myself too hard.
- Read at least 10 books from summer reading list – I might end up sharing this with you guys (it’s kinda boring though) but I made a summer reading list and I want to read at LEAST 10 books from it (I’ll read more than 10 books this summer for sure, but this is from the list)
- Do a 30-day photography challenge – I’ve gotten really bad at taking pictures daily, and I want to do a challenge where I do a prompt daily for a picture 🙂
- Drink more water (big full bottle daily) – I am SO bad at drinking water, and I need to change that this summer!
- Make bread twice – Making bread is something I want to do a lot more than I do now (it’s SO fun, but it takes a lot of time). I want to make it at least twice this summer.
- Reorganize desk – pretty obvious!
- Journal three times a week – I’m bad at journaling daily, so I want to do it three times a week instead.
- Eat healthier – SO bad at this!! I want to change that (probably going to fail but whatever)
- Memorize 10 bible verses – It might not seem like much, but I definitely want to do this 🙂
- Make a long list of post ideas – Just so I can have ideas for posts!
- Keep room *really* clean – This is hard (especially when you’re sharing!) but I want to get really good at this this summer.
Those are my summer goals! What are yours?
just how much work is blogging (really)?
I thought this post would be fun for other bloggers as well as those of you who don’t have your own blog! Making it was actually really fun for me as well- except the math. 😁
g r a p h i c s
On average, it takes me about 5 minutes to create a graphic- not a lot, right? But since I blog twice a week, that’s 10 minutes a week and 40 minutes a month! And 480 minutes a year! And that’s just post graphics. That doesn’t even include redesigning, or my “well, hello” graphic, or anything else! 😲
Weekly- 10 minutes
Monthly- 40 minutes
Yearly- 480 minutes (or 8 hours!)
p h o t o s
On average, a photoshoot takes me about 30 minutes. Basically I carry my camera around and take random pictures. I don’t do this as often as I’d like (only about once a week 😞) but it still adds up!
Weekly- 30 minutes
Monthly- 120 minutes (or 2 hours!)
Yearly- 1440 minutes (or 24 hours- or ONE DAY!)
p o s t s
For me, writing a post takes me about an hour! But since that includes making a post graphic, research, and photos, I’m going to take it down to about 45 minutes. Still, that’s a lot of time! 😱
Weekly- 90 minutes (or 1.5 hours!)
Monthly- 360 minutes (or 6 hours)
Yearly- 4320 minutes (or 72 hours- or THREE DAYS!)
r e a d i n g // i n t e r a c t i n g
While this isn’t necessary, I do comment/interact with other bloggers. However, I’d do that anyway so I’m going to take that time off. For each post, replying to all of your sweet comments takes about 15 minutes- spread out over time, however.
Weekly- 15 minutes
Monthly- 60 minutes (or 1 hour)
Yearly- 720 minutes (or 12 hours 😂)
o t h e r
I have a podcast and email list, which I count as part of blogging. The email list takes about 15 minutes to make weekly, and I also send out a reminder for the podcast weekly that takes 5 minutes (copy and paste 😜) Making each episode of the podcast, however, takes about 60 minutes. Making the show notes takes around 30 minutes and actually recording takes 20, but I do a couple takes and also edit it! So on a good day, it takes an hour.
Weekly- 80 minutes (or 1 hour and 20 minutes)
Monthly- 320 minutes (or 5 hours and 20 minutes)
Yearly- 3840 minutes (or 64 HOURS 😱)
a d d i n g i t u p
YOU GUYS. When I started this post I was expecting a LOT less time. This really scares me… I know why bloggers take breaks now.
every year, I blog for approximately….
7 days and 13 hours
You guys i’m dying right now. All the math. Plus how much time I spend blogging. wow. I didn’t know I liked you guys so much 😂😂
Did you enjoy this post? It was really fun to make… and very scary as well. I don’t think I can do math for another week- too bad I have to. 😂
I love you guys (I mean obviously… just kidding but still), see you on monday! ❤