I know these are some crazy times and if you’re like me you get super anxious sometimes so I decided to make my April playlist full of encouraging songs about God being in control!
I know a l l my recent posts have had something to with spring but I love this season and it is coming so soon! here in florida we’ve had several cold days but mostly super humid/hot days that remind me of july 😦
spring break is almost here and I can’t even believe it! one of my favorite things to do (as you know) when a new season draws near is to compile outfit ideas I find. today I’m going to be sharing outfit ideas for spring (and a list of spring wardrobe essentials at the end of the post!) plus a color scheme for spring so this post is going to be jam packed with stuff.
I WON CAMP NANO. 🎉🎉
Do you want to know my goal?? 5K!! *crickets*
Okay, I know my goal wasn’t a lot (are you kidding Christina 5K is nothing compared to what most writers do…) but still. I WON. *more crickets*
Anyway, I suppose you want to hear all about my story (just kidding I know you don’t) so… let’s get started!!
My story’s name is… untitled. Yes, that’s correct! I have NO idea what to call it. Also… I haven’t even finished plotting/outlining it so I don’t really what will happen. xD
Someday I’ll post a professional introduction to my story, but this post is going to be fun and… I’m not sure. Anyway.
This is my inspo board for my entire novel… As you can see, it’s mainly focused around books, friendships, and a teensy bit of romance. 😂
Aria (the main character)’s style board isn’t the best, but hopefully it gives you a little peek into her style. I mostly just made this for my own reference, though!
Hm… why would Aria be wearing a wedding dress? (HINT HINT) This was so fun to make!
ARIA ^^ This was also fun to make, even though I would prefer her looking towards the front rather than the side. Oh, well.
Goals for *untitled novel*
These are my goals for my untitled novel 😂
- Come up with a title (or at least three options) by May 1, 2019
- Come up with a summary/plot (short) by May 1, 2019
- Finish outlining all chapters by June 1, 2019
- Finish rough draft of book (all chapters) by July 1, 2019
- Begin editing/re-writing book by August 1, 2019
- Get book ready for official re-write/edit by November 1, 2019 (just in time for NaNo!!
- Have copy of book ready for alpha/beta readers by December 31, 2019
I’m really scared and excited to see what will happen with my
Thank y’all for your support (and of course, my AMAZING cabin!!) ❤❤
Last week, I did all the prompts in Maggie’s April Blogging Challenge all together instead of posting daily, and I really enjoyed it, so I decided to do the same thing this week. Note: Instead of starting over at “day one” each Sunday, I decided to continue, so each day will correlate with the day of the month!
DAY 7 – If you could have 1 super power…
Ooh, this is hard. (spends time looking for superhero emojis- I can’t find any 😦)
I think my super power might be always finding the good in something. While flying, being invisible, having a force field, or reading people’s minds would be fun, I think that this would be the most helpful in daily life.
I’m remembering a quote from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader where Lucy finds a spell in a spell book (it’s part of the story) where she can see what her friends are saying (aka eavesdropping).
“Oh dear,” said Lucy. “Have I spoiled everything? Do you mean we would have gone on being friends if it hadn’t been for this—and been really great friends—all our lives perhaps—and now we never shall.”
That’s why I wouldn’t want to read minds 😜 But finding the good in any situation would be a great superpower!
DAY 8 – Your top three favorite blogs to read and why
Oh my goodness why is this so hard!! You guys know I love a lot of blogs, but I’m not really sure what my top three are. If I don’t pick yours, no hard feelings, this was really hard and I couldn’t include all my favorites 🙂
- Aria Photo Blog// I love Aria’s blog! Her most recent post (as of now, the 8th), was “A Day in the Life of a Hermit Graduate”, which was hilariously funny and pretty much my favorite day in the life post ever. Aria’s photos are amazing and I love her blog 😍
- Ariana’s Archives (formerly Ariana’s Flying Life)// Sorry guys I know I mention Ari’s blog every single time, but I love it, okay?!! Ari’s posts are always uplifting, funny, and just encouraging. ❤
- Bayance// I most recently found this blog and you guys. Seriously. Bayance is SO funny and just a great person 😍 Ever since I found her blog, I’ve been stalking the reader waiting for more posts… is that bad? I hope not because I’m never going to stop 😂 But seriously this blog is a m a z i n g.
I hope you found some new blogs to read! ❤
DAY 9 – Your favorite quote
PLEASE. Why must these be so hard? I love all the quotes!! Pretty much every quote from Narnia is my favorite, but so are so many others 😂 #sorrynotsorry Since I totally can’t pick a favorite bible verse (that would be way harder!) I’m going to exclude those.
This quote from Corrie Ten Boom is really good and so true!!
When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.
And… basically everything that comes up when you google “motivational quotes” is my favorite quote 😂
DAY 10 – 10 Color Asthetics
Eep so I wanted to make 10 asthetics… but I didn’t have time (they take FOREVER) soo… I made 4!
|G R E E N|
This one has WAY too many shades of green but finding a lot of pictures with the same shade is actually really hard! They almost matched except for the cupcake and coffee pictures.
|P I N K|
I actually liked how this one turned out even though there’s a bunch of different shades! I just wish that there were more options aside from flowers.
|R E D|
This one *might* be my favorite even though most of the pictures are of flowers (whoops!). With red it’s hard to go wrong because there aren’t that many different shades.
|Y E L L O W|
At first I wanted this to be all gold but… that failed. I wish I had done all bright yellow instead of including gold, but I also really don’t want to make it again soo. My favorite picture is the Volkswagen – I love the color 😍
Sorry for only making four aesthetics ☹ but hopefully they were still good!
DAY 11 – A photo of your handwriting
Oh you guys do not want to see my handwriting… okayyy fine I’ll write something in my handwriting for you… but it is not pretty at all 😂
^^sorry for the iphone photo but I was NOT about to pull out my camera to take a picture of my handwriting lol
As you can tell, I really need to work on my handwriting! xD It’s so messy (but the pen I was using was literally about to die soo) 😂
DAY 12 – Your favorite color with a photo showing it
I have a lot of favorite colors (like A LOT – pretty much any light color is my favorite) but I think blush pink is my absolute favorite.
(also yes I totally used the photos from my aesthetics… #sorrynotsorry
DAY 13 – What’s in your purse/wallet/pocket…
This is going to be interesting… I’m going to share what’s typically in my purse 🙂
- my ripped wallet that spills coins everywhere
- small notebook/journal for writing random things down (that ends up being full of kid’s drawings)
- a few pens that don’t even work
- some tissues- but I can’t tell if they’re used or not (GROSS)
- a book that’s been due to go back to the library for six months
- a broken phone charger
- random crayon wrappers
… and nothing I really need 😂
Actually, my purse is pretty organized (what did you expect?) but it was fun to make it silly!
I decided to do Maggie’s April Blogging Challenge prompts all together each week instead of daily (because seriously that’s too much for me!) They might be a little shorter because it’s one post, but I think it will be fun! Also I won’t be doing the Sunday ones just because I wanted to post it on Saturdays! Thanks 🙂
DAY 1- something beautiful to you
Um… a lot of things are beautiful to me! However,
as you guys know because I post WAY too many pictures of her, Emily is my favorite. But just babies//little kids in general are the cutest. ❤
DAY 2 – Your Morning Routine
This week I’ve been sick, so my mornings aren’t the same as usual. I actually share a room with my two-year old sister, so the time I can wake up (waking her up is definitely a bad idea, cranky toddlers are not fun) is pretty inconsistent. Honestly, no matter what time I wake up, my routine is the same. I used to be really annoyed if I didn’t wake up at the right minute, but as long as I’m awake before 7, I’m fine! Some days I wake up at 6:00, 6:30, 6:45, or 7:00, and it doesn’t really matter 🙂 When I do get up, though, this is what I do:
- Shower//Get ready for the day (get dressed, hair, and so on)
- Make bed + Quickly clean up my room (on a good day it’s clean when I leave 😜)
- Read bible/pray
- Eat breakfast (okay okay I really don’t. I should start eating breakfast more 😂)
- Start classes (my first classes are at 8 AM, and I also generally have to do some schoolwork before too)
On a good day I work out. 😂
Does this mean that all my days are bad days?
DAY 3 – Something that makes you happy
I’m going to be super cliche here and say that blogging makes me happy! I love blogging and all of you guys ❤ You always post the sweetest comments and make my day! Thank you 🙂
Also I’m totally going to stop before I get all emotional. Just in case you were worried 😂
DAY 4 – What you Wore, in Detail
I needed a warning that I would have to share this when I got dressed this morning! 😂
Today I’m wearing…
A shirt similar to this one (^^^) except with less lace on the top and simpler sleeves.
Shorts similar to these (except… different).
And no jewelry because I have a two year old sister 😜
DAY 5 – Home
This prompt confused me a little bit, but my home is anywhere the people I love are! I’ve lived in lots of different places but I could live anywhere with my family ❤ Soo cliche I know but it’s true!
DAY 6 – Three Ways to Win your Heart
lol this is going to be… interesting.
- Be a Christian//Have a good relationship with Christ
This is so important and a lot of people in our generation don’t- or they say that they are Christians but they don’t have a personal relationship with Christ. If I was in a relationship, it would need to be with someone who had a good relationship with the Lord.
2. Have a purpose in life
This may sound silly, but a lot of guys I see don’t really have a purpose in life. They want to get through today and just repeat it again tomorrow, and endlessly for the rest of their life. Having goals and a higher purpose in life is really important.
3. Be courteous
Again, this may sound silly but being courteous, polite, and respectful is such a lost idea in our generation. I think it’s really important!
DAY 7 –
I hope you enjoyed! I had a lot of fun with these 🙂
March was a great month for me! I officially launched Christina’s Convos (my podcast about blogging and completed most of my goals! Let’s get started 🙂
r e v i e w i n g m a r c h
Overall, March was a good month. My goals were:
p e r s o n a l
- Make $90- I didn’t have any way to track this… but I’m also pretty sure that this didn’t happen. I was confident about this because of my success in February, but this month didn’t so well in this respect. That’s okay, though 🙂
- Read through 1st Samuel- Yes! I did this and finished on the first of the month. 😂
- Make/Keep a prayer journal– Kinda? I did this for about four days… 😂 I would say that this is a failure!
- Journal daily- Agh I was so close! I didn’t do it for a week near the end of the month (aka now) but I did it for 21 consecutive days! Pretty annoyed about this one, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to do it 😂 (also sorry for using this emoji WAY too much)
a c a d e m i c
- Finish Omnibus Secondary Selfpaced– yes! I finished on the 8th! I was so excited… but also really disappointed because it was the only class I 100% loved 😦
- Keep a practice log for Piano- Yay! I did this too 🙂 Although I pretty much just did it 3 days at a time… (the logging, not the practicing)
- Practice Spanish every day- no 😦 I was going strong for a while but weekends were harder. Honestly, I practiced Spanish daily but I was counting only Duolingo. The only days I missed were Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays and towards the end of the month I just… quit. Whoops.
b l o g g i n g
- Blog every Monday and Friday (9 times)– Yes! I did this 🙂 Of course, all with the help of my trusty WordPress scheduler. What would I do without you?
- Send out emails on Thursdays 4 times- Yay! I did this too. Probably the first time in the history of C & C that I actually did soo yay 😂🎉
a p r i l g o a l s
p e r s o n a l
- Make $50- Significantly lower than last month. But I still kinda doubt I can do it… I’ll probably earn around $30 which is low but that’s okay!
- Read through 2nd Chronicles– To keep track with my “read the bible in 2019 plan”, I need to this. Again, pretty confident! Especially since I’m in 1st Chronicles right now 🙂
- Workout/Run/Yoga daily– I really need to do some sort of exercise daily so I’m putting this down. I doubt I will do it (guys I’m such a desk potato- like I don’t sit on the couch I just sit at my desk 😂)
- Drink more water– I feel like every time I drink water, I feel sick. xD I know it’s not true though… but I really do not drink enough water. I probably only drink 16 ounces a day on a good day and I’m supposed to drink 64. So this is really important!
- Do Camp NaNo- I signed up for Camp NaNo like last week but I’m really excited 🙂 I’m also starting a whole new story (like I have not developed ONE character and I have no idea what’s going to happen) soo pray for me guys. (I mean, jk, but please actually do 😂)
a c a d e m i c
- Keep a Practice Log for piano– This month, that’s my habit tracker 🙂 But still, it’s important, so I’m putting it down.
- Practice Spanish every day– Honestly I doubt I will do this. But since I need to try, I’m going to *attempt* to do Duolingo every day! Of course, I have Spanish class also, but I want to do this 🙂
b l o g g i n g
- Blog every Monday and Friday (nine times)- I pretty much have to do this soo
- Send out emails on Thursday four times– I’m confident about this, but I need to do it so it’s a goal 😂
- Post four episodes (at least) on Christina’s Convos- This is going to be hard because I need to schedule them ahead, but I’m hoping that I can do this!
- Get ahead with blogging– I feel like I’m running in a hamster wheel thingy- I get ahead and then I’m behind again. This month, I really want to actually get REALLY ahead and stay ahead 😉
- Do (some of) Maggie’s April Blogging Challenge– Maggie is hosting an April blogging challenge, and I’m super excited about it! I know I’m not going to be able to do all of the challenges, but I will try to do some of them 🙂 I may end up doing all the challenges for each week in one post, but that’s okay.
Thank you guys for reading! What are your goals for April?
Hi guys! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my previous post(s).
Sadly, I don’t have goals to recap for this month 😦
This month’s posts:
Yay, I posted 5 times this month! That’s my goal, so I’m so glad that I accomplished it. I had 1 Monday post and 4 Friday posts, again, my goal! That’s great.
This month’s stats:
Total followers: 62 Yay, we passed 50!
Top three countries:
America wins with 278 views
Malaysia comes to a close second with 23 views, and
India gets 3rd place with 15 views. Wow, Malaysia and India? That’s so cool! I was definitely expecting America, Canada, and another country to be the top 3, but that’s not what happened!
Views: 333 Wow, what a cool number!
Visitors: 106 Wow, it’s amazing that 106 different people viewed my blog this month. That’s amazing!
Likes: 92 That’s not great, but it’s high for me! Also, it evens out to about 18 likes per post, which is pretty good.
Comments: 108 WHAT? There are more comments than likes, which is super crazy and funny. This one evens out to about 22 comments per post, which is great!!
Those are this month’s stats. I think that this month was awesome stats wise.
- Use my bullet journal every day, with the exception of 1 day per week. I don’t normally bullet journal on Saturdays or Sundays, but this month I want to bullet journal on Saturdays too.
- Review my new planner. I have a special review planned for this month… get ready!
- Write 5 posts for this month.
- Plan ahead 2 posts for June. I want to take a vacation, but still post for you guys!
- Post some photography. I just got my first ‘real’ camera, so I’m really loving taking pictures.
- Clean out my desk and computer files from school things. I only have 1 more week of TPS and 2 of Veritas, so this month I need to finish up school things.
- Send out emails every Monday and Friday this month. This will be a lot, but I think I can do it.
Thanks for reading!