hey guys!! feeling motivated can be really hard but today I’m coming at you with some tips that will help you feel motivated when you’re feeling lazy. 🌻
- drink water – drinking water is super helpful for me (I love it with lemon) but drinking something like water is a great way to stay healthy and get motivated. if you’re feeling lazy or have a headache, drinking some water will help so much
- get some sleep – sleep is so hard (especially if you’re a teen) and it’s so easy to stay up late scrolling through tiktok, watching a show, or every reading a book. try and get off your phone or any devices at least 30 minutes before you want to go to bed and plug them in for the night in another room or far away from your bed.
- limit social media – this tip is kind of like the last one but it’s so helpful! it is so easy to grab your phone and start scrolling but it ends up taking away hours of your time and feeding procrastination. using the screen time feature on your phone can be a great way to limit your social media usage. For me, deleting my social media apps on certain days (I think I’m going to start on sundays and wednesdays and see how it goes) is a great way to detox yourself and it is so freeing!
- clean your space – tidy up your desk, make your bed, and pick up your clothes. having a clean space is so key to being motivated and you will feel much better after doing it!
- workout or stretch – I’m currently doing Chloe Ting’s 5 week summer shred challenge and it’s a great way to get your body motivated and feeling awesome. Another channel I love for workouts is MadFit – her song workouts are so good! moving your body, even if it’s just some light stretching, is super helpful.
- eat breakfast – I have to admit, I struggle with this one a lot because in the morning I often don’t feel very hungry. breakfast is actually a really important meal and if you can I would highly recommend having something small every morning. two of my favorite breakfasts are yogurt and granola and eggs in pita. this is your fuel for the day!
- make a to do list – this is so key for your productivity throughout the day! you can write your to do list for the day in the morning or the night before and you can do it on paper or on your phone.
- make a block schedule – block schedules are really helpful! I just recently heard of them but basically you schedule blocks of time for work and also schedule breaks. if you struggle with being motivated, try setting a timer for 20 or 30 minutes and work for that time without stopping.
- make a vision board – where do you see yourself in 10 years or even 6 months? print out images of what your goals are and tape them to your wall. what you do today will affect your future, and this will help you remember that!
- look at motivational pictures/watch motivational videos – this last one is a bit of a mashup, but scrolling through pictures and watching day in the life or self care routine videos are so motivational for me!
how are you motivating yourself? have you been using any of these tips?